NYMysteries – Feb. 22
I belong to Sisters in Crime, a writing group devoted to promoting women crime writers. D. M. Barr the author of Expired Listings, and Slashing Mona Lisa gave a generous and informative account of what you have to do to be published: everything from evaluating small presses, evaluating a contract, guest blogging opportunities to a free course on List Building for Authors. D. M. worked in real estate and understands and enjoys marketing (!). She said she’ll write a book and then spend a year marketing it.
I’m in a political frame of mind.
- Jacinda Ardern, New Zealand’s prime minister, is a model for all other heads of state.
- This dopey GOP message is directed at Beta O’Rourke, the Democrat presidential candidate. This is from the party of Lincoln?
3. New York City activist Ravi Ragbir was quoted in The Guardian.
Ragbir, the executive director of the New Sanctuary Coalition said at a rally outside NYC’s ICE office that a a fear of ICE would not stop him from speaking out. He has turned to lawsuits to legalize his claims.
“It’s just very uncertain and very traumatizing to know the government is watching you,” Ravi said. “But I can’t allow that to debilitate me … If they’re going to move me, I might as well fight as hard as I can.”
This is the link to The Guardian’s article about the targeting of journalists and immigration activists.
- Why aren’t Boeing executives in jail?
5. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has been pressuring the U.S. to support Israel’s illegal annexation of the Syrian Golan Heights. Trump has announced that the U.S. will now recognize this as Israeli territory,
Graphic Lessons: What do a thirty-four-year old, a nine-year-old and an eighteen-year-old have in common? Murder.
Millie Fitzgerald applies for a private school teaching job, faints on a dying man in the school kitchen, deals with a troubled nine-year-old and with the eighteen-year-old niece of the murdered man.
Graphic Lessons: Nine-year-old Dana is the only witness who overhears a person fighting with George Lopez, the soon to be stabbed Windsor School kitchen worker. Who can she tell? Her mother who never listens or accuses her of lying? Her father who’s started a new family in Singapore? She tells Millie.
Graphic Lessons: NYPD Detective Steve Kulchek is assigned the murder case at the prestigious Windsor School. What’s bugging him? His partner being stabbed ? His hated boss, Captain Dick Holbrook, being a trustee of the Windsor School? Losing his girlfriend to Holbrook?